Email me!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions.

barstool@snet.net

Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting parts ready for powder coating

I have prepped and sorted out all the parts I want to send out for powder coating.  I sent a request for price to 2 local companies who do motorcycle frames.

The first reponse came within 24 hour and was quite detailed.

Here is the response:

"Hello and thank you for your email.
The cost below would include the following.

Stripping, bead blasting, phosphate coating, masking all bearing and critical areas, and plugging all threaded holes. Capping all studs, coating any solid color, plus curing and wrapping. The turn around time would be 2 weeks or less.

Frame. 275.00
Swing arm. 80.00
Center stand. 30.00
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I hope to be able to help you with your project. "

The 2nd response came a couple days later:

"Thanks for your E-Mail. You are looking at approx. $325 to blast and powder-coat (Black ?) your frame and parts."

Who would you use?
....Yeah me too!  I'll call the first guy when I am ready.

Lastly we got our first NOS item today.  The one on the bike was broken and really rusty.

Here is the pic


NOS Suzuki luggage rack.

That's it for today.  I'll update again as stuff gets done!

2 comments:

  1. So when does the fun start up again? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you stop the blog?

    ReplyDelete