Email me!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions.

barstool@snet.net

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Step 7 - Carburetor

Hello Internets!

What was Suzuki thinking when they set up the throttle system for this thing?  It looks funny right from the start.  There are 2 throttle cables at the handle.


Then the cables are split into 5 separate connections.  Yep, that's right, 5!  I know this is going to give me grief when it's time to put this back together...

The splitters.

Another view of the 5 cables.

The carb is off, but what the heck is that other box the cables run into?  I can't seem to find it in any of the references that I have.  Does anyone know what it is called?

Here is the box opened. It looks like it will be a pain in the butt at reassembly due to the 2 separate springs and 2 cable connections. Why does this thing need 2 cables ???

Here is the choke looking thing in the engine block that it actually operates.  I will have to find out what its called and what it does.  Yeah, I'm no expert, that is why it's called a hobby!

Getting there bit by bit....




1 comment: